Online Terms and Conditions
Effective Date of these Online Terms and Conditions: April 1, 2016
Without prejudice to your rights under applicable law, Syantra reserves the right to amend these Online Terms and Conditions to reflect technological advancements, legal and regulatory changes and good business practices. If Syantra changes these Online Terms and Conditions, an updated version of these Online Terms and Conditions will reflect those changes and we will notify you of such changes by updating the effective date at the top of these Online Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using the Syantra Websites, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to be bound to the current version of these Online Terms and Conditions which you may view when accessing the Syantra Websites. If you disagree with these Online Terms and Conditions, or are dissatisfied with the Syantra Websites, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Syantra Website.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Although we strive to provide on the Syantra Websites the latest developments relating to our products and services, and other information about Syantra, we do not warrant the accuracy, effectiveness and suitability of any information contained in the Syantra Websites. Each person assumes full responsibility and all risks arising from use of the Syantra Websites. The information is presented “AS IS” and may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Syantra reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the information contained on the Syantra Websites at any time without any prior notification.
- SYANTRA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE WITH RESPECT TO THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON THE SYANTRA WEBSITES. SYANTRA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CREATED BY LAW, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL SYANTRA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFIT) CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE EXISTENCE OR USE OF THE SYANTRA WEBSITES, AND/OR THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT POSTED ON THE SYANTRA WEBSITES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SYANTRA HAS BEEN ADVISED AS TO THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. If any of the above exclusions of warranties is unenforceable in your jurisdiction, the other exclusions listed above will still be given effect to the full extent permitted by that jurisdiction’s law.
- Syantra is not responsible, and provides no warranty whatsoever, for the accuracy, effectiveness, timeliness and suitability of any information or content obtained from third parties, including any hyperlinks to or from third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by Syantra of the contents on such third-party websites, which are not under the control of Syantra. Except as otherwise provided on the Syantra Websites, Syantra will not edit, censor or otherwise control any content provided by third parties on any bulletin board, chat room or other similar forums posted on the Syantra Websites. Such information should, therefore, be considered as suspect and is not endorsed by Syantra.
- The Syantra Websites may contain forward-looking statements that reflect Syantra’s current expectation regarding future events and business development. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties. Actual developments or results could differ materially from those projected and depend on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the success of current research programs, results of pending or future clinical trials, ongoing commercialization of its products, regulatory approvals of pharmaceuticals, validity and enforcement of its patents, the stability of its commercial relationships, and the general economic conditions. Syantra intends to update the Syantra Websites on a regular basis but assumes no obligation to update any of the content.
- The information on Syantra Websites should not be used as a substitute for the advice provided by a physician or other healthcare professional, and must not be used to diagnose or treat a disease or condition. Always consult your physician or other healthcare professional for medical advice and services.
You understand, acknowledge, and agree to the following:
- By using the Syantra Websites, you agree not to disrupt or intercept our electronic information posted on the Syantra Websites or on any of our servers. You also agree not to attempt to circumvent any security features of the Syantra Websites. Violations of our system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability, and Syantra will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
- By using the Syantra Websites, you agree to abide by all applicable, local, state, provincial, federal and international laws, rules and regulations. You agree that you will not use the Syantra Websites in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, and you will not post any material that is obscene, defamatory, profane, libelous, threatening, harassing, abusive, hateful or embarrassing to another person or entity.
Product names, descriptions and labelling may be of Canada, the United States of America, or another country’s origin, which is not your country of residence. Products may not be available in all countries or may be available under a different brand name, in different strengths, or for different indications. Many of the products listed are available only by prescription through your local healthcare professionals. Except as expressly stated and agreed upon in advance by Syantra, no director, employee, agent, or representative of Syantra, its subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in rendering medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or other medical services that in any way create a physician-patient relationship through the Syantra Websites.
The information, documents, and related graphics published in the Syantra Websites (the “Information”) are the sole property of Syantra, except for information provided by third-party providers under contract to Syantra. Permission to use the Information is granted, provided that (1) the above copyright notice appears on all copies; (2) use of the Information is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only; (3) the Information is not modified in any way; and (4) no graphics available from this Syantra Website are used separate from accompanying text. Syantra is not responsible for content provided by third-party providers, and you are prohibited from distribution of such material without permission of the owner of the copyright therein. Except as permitted above, no license or right, express or implied, is granted to any person under any patent, trademark or other proprietary right of Syantra.
No use of any Syantra trademark, trade names, trade dress and products in the Syantra Websites may be made without the prior written authorization of Syantra, except to identify the product or services of the company.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
You recognize and agree that when submitting your personally identifiable information to the Syantra Websites, while Syantra has safeguards in place to prevent unauthorized access or interception, there is no absolute guarantee of security. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT OF AN INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS DESPITE OUR EFFORTS, SYANTRA SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) SUFFERED BY A CUSTOMER OR USER, EVEN IF SYANTRA HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, SYANTRA DOES NOT WARRANT, EITHER EXPRESSLY OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY CUSTOMER SHALL BE FREE FROM INTERCEPTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, AND DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. EACH CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF HIS OR HER OWN PASSWORD.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Syantra, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees (judicial and extra-judicial), regardless of whether they arise out of or are attributable to any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, of Syantra, arising out of or in connection with (i) your use of the Syantra Websites, or any contracts entered into or services or products offered, sold or purchased as a result of any contract initiated on or through the Syantra Websites, (ii) your breach of these Online Terms and Conditions, including any abusive or unlawful behaviour on the part of you or your dependents, or (iii) your infringement of any intellectual property or privacy right of any person. This indemnification provision shall apply to third-party claims as well as claims between you and Syantra.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Syantra does not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, posted to, or otherwise available through, the Syantra Websites. Reliance on these materials, information and opinions is solely at your own risk. Syantra disclaims any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of the Syantra Websites, or the content contained thereon.
THE SYANTRA WEBSITES, THE SITE CONTENT, AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SYANTRA WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL SYANTRA OR ITS VENDORS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS (HEREINAFTER “SYANTRA PARTIES”) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SYANTRA WEBSITES, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SYANTRA WEBSITES OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SYANTRA WEBSITES OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY SYANTRA AND WHETHER OR NOT SYANTRA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree that regardless of any applicable law to the contrary, you cannot file a claim or cause of action arising out of or related to the Syantra Websites or these Online Terms and Conditions more than one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose.
SYANTRA TECHNOLOGY ASPECTS
WEBSITES ARE PROVIDED AS A SERVICE ONLY: The material contained in the Syantra Websites are for informational purposes only and are not intended as a solicitation or offering of securities in any jurisdiction. Material available in or through the Syantra Websites are not intended to modify, qualify, supplement or amend information disclosed under corporate and securities legislation of any jurisdiction applicable to Syantra and should not be used for the purpose of making investment decisions concerning Syantra securities. The Syantra Websites are not intended to provide legal, accounting, investment or tax advice and should not be relied upon in that respect.
SYANTRA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LINKED WEBSITES: Syantra provides links to third party websites for your convenience only and the inclusion of these links does not imply that Syantra monitors, investigates, verifies or endorses these websites. Accordingly, Syantra accepts no responsibility for and makes no representations, warranties or conditions concerning the contents of such websites and expressly disclaims any liability for errors or omissions in the material presented.
SYANTRA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERNET SOFTWARE OR COMPUTER VIRUSES: Due to technical difficulties inherent in the Internet, Internet software or transmission problems could produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of material contained on the Syantra Websites when displayed or downloaded onto your computer. Computer viruses or other destructive programs may also be inadvertently downloaded from the Syantra Websites. Syantra shall not be liable for Internet software, computer viruses or destructive programs and recommends that you install appropriate anti-virus or other protective software.
INTERNET EMAIL: Please feel free to email Syantra using any of the email addresses contained within the website. However, as the Internet is not a fully secure medium and any communication may be lost, intercepted, corrupted or altered, Syantra is not liable for any damages related to communications (personal, confidential or otherwise) to or from the Syantra Websites. You agree that with respect to any material provided to Syantra through the Syantra Websites: (i) Syantra has no obligation of any kind concerning such information; (ii) The information is non-confidential; (iii) Syantra may use, disclose, distribute, copy or reproduce the material and shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques of any kind contained in the material for any purpose; and (iv) The information is truthful, and the disclosure of the information does not violate the legal rights of others.
SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media accounts maintained by Syantra should not be regarded as official Syantra information or statements. Although Syantra updates the Syantra Websites regularly with material believed to be accurate at the time of posting, Syantra does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or currency of the material and consequently Syantra expressly disclaims any liability for errors or omissions in the material contained in the Syantra Websites. All information contained in the Syantra Websites is provided on an as-is and as-available basis without any representations, warranties or endorsements whatsoever.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ADDITIONAL LEGAL NOTICES, DISCLAIMERS, AND OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY APPLY TO THE SYANTRA WEBSITES.
All monetary amounts mentioned on the Syantra Websites are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise stated; and Syantra makes no representation that access to the Syantra Websites or that the information contained thereon is appropriate or legal in all jurisdictions. You may not access the Syantra Websites or use any information in those jurisdictions where it would be illegal. In any case, your access to the Syantra Websites is entirely at your own initiative and you are responsible for ensuring that all laws are complied with.